Crime Log

Assault

10/28 – Off Campus – case closed

A female student suffered a wrist injury when her boyfriend, who is not a GW student, assaulted her in Fairfax, Va.
Referred to Fairfax Police

Destruction

10/29 – Ivory Tower – open case

A sixth-floor emergency exit sign was damaged.

10/28 – 2100 block of H Street 12:39 a.m. – case closed

During the celebration following the Red Sox’s World Series victory, a male student was seen jumping on the roof of a car parked near Kogan Plaza. There was some damage to the vehicle, and there were several similar incidents of vehicle damage reported.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Disorderly Conduct

10/29 – Medical Faculty Associates – 9:10 a.m. – open case

A terminated employee had been calling and showing up in person to complain about an outstanding medical bill. Witnesses said she issued threats in her phone calls, e-mails and appearances. University Police have issued a lookout for her, and the department plans to bar her from campus if she reappears.

Drug Law Violation

10/28 – Thurston Hall – 12:11 a.m. – case closed

Community Living and Learning Center staff contacted UPD after smelling smoke emanating from a room. An administrative search was conducted; a hookah and small amount of marijuana were found. The amount of marijuana was too small to weigh.
Referred to SJS

Harassment

10/27 – Crawford Hall – 11:53 p.m. – case closed

Two female roommates got into a dispute through an online instant messaging program. UPD reports that the dispute was over typical roommate problems but contained harassing comments.

Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

10/31 – Marvin Center – 12:45 a.m. – case closed

UPD officers witnessed an underage female student being assisted into a third-floor restroom; she was unable to walk without assistance. EMeRG. evaluated and transported the female to the GW Hospital Emergency Room. One of the people assisting her was also found to be intoxicated and underage.
Referred to SJS

Theft

11/1 – Thurston Hall – case closed

A female reported that her GWorld card had been used without her approval though it had not been lost. Her roommate admitted to making some purchases with the card.
Referred to SJS