Crime Log

Assault on Police
9/25 – Thurston Hall – case closed
A UPD officer was bitten and another officer injured when they responded to two male injured students. One of the students, who was bleeding from the back of the head, told UPD he had been drinking and smoking marijuana. EMeRG. was unable to provide medical assistance because the student was too combative. When D.C. Emergency Medical Services arrived, they took the handcuffed individual, restrained him to the stretcher and took him to the GW Hospital emergency room. UPD later discovered that the individual received his injury as a result of throwing himself into a wall. Both UPD officers went to the hospital for treatment and were later released. The officer who was bitten plans to press criminal charges.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

Disorderly Conduct
9/23 – Rice Hall – case closed
A male student began acting aggressively upon receiving a grade in a class. An employee, who was not the student’s instructor, felt threatened and contacted University Police.
Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation
9/24 – Hall on Virginia Avenue – case closed
A student called UPD to report that a person was lying on a bathroom floor. The subject told UPD that he had consumed a few beers and was an inexperienced drinker. The individual passed field sobriety tests and was permitted to stay in the room.
Referred to SJS

Failure to Pay
9/25 – 22nd and I Streets – case closed
MPD and UPD responded to a cab driver’s complaint that William Robinson, who is unaffiliated with GW, paid for a fare from Georgetown to GW in empty cigarette boxes. An MPD officer arrested Robinson, who said he was in the area to visit friends but did not have their address.

Destruction
9/26 – Madison Hall – case closed
A resident contacted UPD after finding a hole in a hallway wall. The hole, which was approximately four feet by 18 inches, went all the way through the wall into a room. A witness directed UPD to the subject who said that he was angry and punched the wall.
Referred to SJS

9/26 – Ivory Tower – case closed
Patrolling UPD officers found a corkboard ripped from a fifth floor wall. There were a total of four incidents of destruction at Ivory Tower last week. UPD is continuing to investigate the vandalism.
No suspects

-compiled by Nathan Brill