Crime Log

Disorderly Conduct
8/25 – Medical Faculty Associates building – case closed
A female subject was verbally abusive and combative with staff at the MFA. Witnesses said that after being treated and released from the emergency room for a toothache, staff informed the subject that they could help no further and suggested contacting a dentist. The subject ultimately left.

Harassment
8/25 – GW Hospital – case closed
A female hospital employee working on the sixth floor said she received a call from a man who said he was “going to get her” and that he “knows people at the top.” The caller said he was upset because his wife could not register for classes.

8/22 – Private property on campus – open case
An individual said he received threatening phone calls from an unknown caller with a high-pitched voice. He said he believed the caller might have been a former roommate with who he had disagreements. The individual was instructed to keep a harassing phone call log.

Destruction
8/21 – Public space – open case
A public property officer noticed a parked vehicle with a window shattered on G Street between 21st and 22nd streets. An individual claiming to be the owner of the vehicle arrived on scene while the officer was inspecting it and noticed a battery on the car’s seat that he believed was used to shatter the window. The owner said he did not notice anything missing from the car.
8/15 – Munson Hall – open case
Officers received a report of broken glass at a Munson Hall door, which appeared to be the result of a kicked-in window.

Drug Law Violation
8/14 – Public property on campus – 3:09 a.m. – case closed
Officers discovered a student sleeping on the 2100 block of G Street. They attempted to wake him, but were unable to and called an ambulance. When he awoke, officers saw he had a bag containing marijuana. Referred to Student Judicial Services

Lewd and Indecent Acts
8/12 – Off campus – open case
A woman told University Police that while walking on 25th Street, a male subject greeted her and pulled his pants down in an attempt to expose himself.

Liquor Law Violation
8/30 – Dakota Apartments – 12:25 a.m. – case closed
UPD discovered a party involving 21 underage drinkers after a community facilitator complained about noise. Three of the individuals were taken to GW Hospital. This was the weekend’s only liquor law violation. Referred to SJS

Weapons Law Violation
8/29 – Thurston Hall -1:30 a.m. – open case
After a male subject approached a female student and made unwanted advances, another male told him to leave her alone. The subject pulled out a knife and threatened the other male, but the situation did not escalate to violence. A search of the subject’s room revealed knives of eight inches and three inches; knives largerthan three inches long are illegal in the city.
-compiled by Ryan Holeywell