SA Notes

Senate to hold transition

The Student Association Senate-elect will hold its transition dinner to initiate new members Friday night. The dinner, which costs the SA six to seven thousand dollars, will be held at the Four Seasons Hotel.

SA Vice President for Community Affairs Mary Mai said the funding came from the executive and Senate budgets. Each year, the SA reclaims money that student groups do not use by the end of the year and puts it back into the SA executive budget.

About 165 people are planning to attend the dinner, and about a dozen will pay the $45 for their own meals because they did not want to use SA funds, Mai said.

A ceremony to swear in the new senators will precede the dinner at 5 p.m. on Kogan Plaza.

Some students who attended the Senate-elect meeting Tuesday said they do not think it is fair for the SA to spend a large amount of money on its transition dinner, while initial allocations for new student organizations is $150.

“I would like everyone to take note of the numbers for this event,” freshman Will Donovan told the Senate-elect during its public comment segment. “A lot of money is being spent on a congratulatory dinner, while spending a small amount of money on student organizations.”

RHA to give out dry erase boards

The Residence Hall Association will provide dry erase boards for all residence hall rooms next year.

RHA President-elect Jon Ostrower told the Senate-elect Tuesday that the boards were donated to the RHA.

-Jennifer Nedeau