Crime log

Assault with a Weapon

4/25 – Public Space – 3 a.m.
case closed

Five male students on the 2100 block of H Street were carrying a Ukrainian flag celebrating the “Heavyweight Title” fight when another group of students made comments to them. A student pulled out a knife, threatened the taunting students and cut one of them in the stomach. He sustained a superficial scratch and refused medical treatment. Metropolitan Police arrested the assailant.

Subject arrested

Disorderly Conduct

4/25 – Schenley Hall – 6:50 p.m. case closed

An officer observed a male student in the alley between Crawford and Schenley halls trying to get in the building through the side door. The student said he was trying to “get out of the wind” and was meeting a friend. When the officer asked for identification, he snatched it back from him promptly.

Referred to Student Judicial Services

Harassment

4/23 – Marvin Center – 2:30 p.m. open case

A female student reported that she was being stalked by an unidentified male who regularly follows her to the Marvin Center and the Health and Wellness Center.

4/23 – Guthridge Hall
open case

A female student reported that she has been receiving unwanted phone calls from a male student.

Liquor Law Violation

4/25 – Marvin Center
case closed

An officer observed a female student being assisted by another female. She was transported to the hospital for excessive consumption of alcohol.

Referred to SJS

4/23 – Hall on Virginia Avenue 1:57 a.m. case closed

University Police officers discovered alcohol in plain view in a room with 11 students.

Referred to SJS

Weapons

4/23 – Guthridge Hall – 2:30 a.m. case closed

Five people were found in possession of a pellet gun, alcohol, two fake IDs and drug paraphernalia.

Referred to SJS

4/23 – Guthridge Hall – 6:45 p.m.
case closed

Community Living and Learning Staff found a sword in a room during an administrative search.

Referred to SJS

-compiled by Rachel Zavala