Greek Briefs

Theta Delta Chi, Delta Gamma win top prizes

The Theta Delta Chi fraternity and the Delta Gamma sorority were named the best fraternity and sorority of the year, respectively, Tuesday night at the annual Order of Omega Awards.

The Order of Omega is a Greek-letter honor society that recognizes “outstanding leadership” in the Greek-letter community. The award is given to the fraternity and sorority that best embody leadership, academic excellence, community involvement, Greek-letter life involvement and philanthropy.

Gabriel Gillett, Theta Delta Chi senior executive, accepted the award for the fraternity.

“I think we had a lot going on in all of the areas that are important,” Gillett said. “On top of it, we are a small fraternity. I think for us to do as much philanthropy as a fraternity with 100 members makes it five times greater. (O)ur size is our strongest attribute.”

Theta Delta Chi has 22 active members.

Other awards given out at the ceremony included philanthropy event of the year and social event of the year.

-Caitlin Carroll

David Boza to perform

Israeli musician David Broza will take the stage Monday night at Lisner Auditorium. The concert, co-sponsored by the Alpha Epsilon Pi fraternity, will begin at 7 p.m.

Broza, a singer, composer and guitarist, sings in English, Hebrew and Spanish. His music has been described as flamenco and salsa-tinged folk rock.

Tickets are $15 for students and $20 for non-students, and can be bought at Ticketmaster.

-Julie Gordon