GW in Brief

Hurricane days rescheduled
The University scheduled makeup dates in December for classes canceled because Hurricane Isabel.

Classes missed on Foggy Bottom and the Mount Vernon Campus on Sept 18 and 19 will be made up Dec. 9 and 10 respectively. Classes that were canceled at MVC on Sept. 22 are rescheduled for Dec. 5.

-Michael Newman

Forbes ranks MBA program
GW’s Masters of Business Administration program has been named No. 66 in the nation by Forbes magazine in its Oct. 13 online edition. This is the first time Forbes has placed GW among its top MBA programs.

Earlier this fall, U.S. News & World Report ranked the program number 65, and The Wall Street Journal included GW among its runners-up for top business schools. Businessweek also ranked GW’s program among its top 70 business schools earlier this year.

“Our 1998 full-time MBA class, who were surveyed for this year’s Forbes ranking, clearly had positive experiences as GW students, and are pleased with the success they’ve achieved in the five years since graduation,” said Robert Moll, School of Business and Public Management director of communications.

Last spring, 20 percent of GW’s MBA class accepted jobs in government, 38 percent took a position in government and non-profit sectors and 34 percent took a job in financial and consulting services. The most prominent GW MBA alumnus is Secretary of State Colin Powell, who received his degree in 1971.

-Michael Newman and Andrea Nurko