GW in Brief

Web site offers free restaurant food

Students can get free food from popular local restaurants delivered to their residence halls for the next two weeks just by placing their order on the Web.

Campusfood.com is introducing its Web site to campus this week by offering free meals from local restaurants, including the Little Cafe, Philadelphia Cheesecake Factory and Manny and Olga’s, until Oct. 7.

The Web site was launched in 1997 by a University of Pennsylvania student tired of getting busy signals when he tried to order take-out from his favorite restaurants, said Ismael Archbold, spokesman for Campusfood.com. The site allows students to go on the Web and place take-out or carry-out orders.

Archbold said the company is promoting on 79 campuses this semester, including GW, by offering free food if a student uses the Web site. He said that even after the promotion ends, Campusfood.com will continue to offer discounts and specials.

“We’re pretty new in town, and that’s why we’re doing the promotion,” Archbold said. “We just want people to know this service exists.”

Area restaurants partnering with Campusfood.com include Mehran Restaurant, Pizza Bolis, Armand’s and Pizza Movers and Calzones. Archbold said the company continues to build more partners.

“We don’t just pick any restaurant to participate,” he said. “It’s going to be something that the students actually like and actually order from because this (Web site) is really for the students.”

Students can log onto Campusfood.com and follow the link to George Washington University. A list of participating restaurants will appear, and students can click the links to view menus and place orders.

-Andrea Nurko

AIDS Walk deadline extended

Student have until Monday at 5 p.m. to register for the AIDS Walk Washington. Interested students can fill out a form and drop off a $15 check in Marvin Center room 436.

The walk is scheduled for Oct. 4 and goes from Freedom Plaza to the Lincoln Memorial, Capitol and back to Freedom Plaza.

The GW team will meet for breakfast at 9:30 a.m. at J Street, and then walk together to Freedom Plaza. Contact [email protected] for more information.

-Julie Gordon