Crime Log

Simple Assault
9/21 – Stuart Hall – 1:31 a.m. – case closed
A female student listened to an “obscene” message left on her answering machine from an unidentified male, telling her what types of women he prefers. The individual, who is from the female’s hometown and is unaffiliated with GW, was arrested by local police.
Subject Arrested

9/18 – Health and Wellness Center – 5:45 p.m. – open case
Two male students waiting in line to use a set of free weights became engaged in a verbal argument after one male cut in line in front of the other. After being told to wait his turn, the student who cut in line responded by pushing the other student and attempting to punch him. The assailant then fled the scene.

Liquor Law Violation
9/20 – Public Space – 2:50 a.m. – case closed
A University Police officer observed a male student staggering around and falling to the ground on 24th and I streets. The student was transported to the GW Hospital for excessive consumption.
Referred to Student Judicial Services

9/19 – Thurston Hall – case closed
Community Living and Learning staff observed a female student entering the building who showed visible signs of intoxication. The student was transported to the emergency room for treatment.
Referred to SJS

9/19 – GW Hospital – 2 a.m. – case closed
UPD was contacted by a GW Hospital employee that a female student admitted herself to the emergency room for excessive consumption of alcohol.
Referred to SJS

9/18 – Thurston Hall – 12:20 a.m. – case closed
A female student entered the building smelling of alcohol, staggering and slurring her words. UPD evaluated the student and permitted her to go to her room.

Sexual Assault
9/20 – Off Campus – open case
A female unaffiliated with GW stopped UPD officers at the intersection of Fox Hall and McArthurs streets, claiming she had been drugged and raped by a male unaffiliated with the University. UPD transported her to the Gate House at Mount Vernon and referred her to Metropolitan Police, who took her to the hospital for further evaluation.
Referred to MPD

-compiled by Rachel Zavala