Staff Editorial: Monthly wrap-up of GW ups and downs

Mandatory summer and academic changes
A Washington Post editorial by University President Stephen Joel Trachtenberg makes a mandatory session seem nearly eminent – and students only have until Nov. 1 to log feedback with the administration.

River Horse Bistro at the U Club
Expanding the Thursday night secret to a daily hotspot for on-campus alcohol? Sounds good to us. Opening the beautiful building to the public shows concern for student requests and should be a great location to get some decent late-night food – it’s open until 2 a.m. daily.

Fulbright Fours
Three people were already too many for the Fulbright Hall rooms. Administrators have deemed the rooms “hot salsa” items and are on high alert to pay attention to Fulbright occupants’ complaints because they know it is too tight.

Townhouse Row
Beautiful new buildings are a plus for Greek-letter life on campus. But flooding and the University’s late deliveries have some occupants questioning whether it is worth the more than $1,100 a month.

Colonial Cash
The combination of Debit Dollars and Points can only be positive as competition for Aramark, GW’s food service provider, is past due. Well, positive as long as students don’t blow Daddy’s money on manicures and cigarettes with money once reserved for food.

24-hour MVC shuttle
Now those who choose to visit members of the opposite sex at GW’s other campus aren’t forced to stay the night – they can catch a ride back to campus when they finish their business.