AROUND CAMPUS

Law school, GSEHD rank among top 25
The law school, Graduate School of Education and Human Development and graduate programs in health and public affairs ranked among the U.S. News and World Report’s 25 best graduate schools in the United States. The publication, which hits newsstands Monday, gives out rankings annually.

The law school, moving up three spaces, tied for No. 22. The environmental law program tied for sixth, moving up three spaces; the intellectual property law program ranked second on the list and the international law program is the sixth best in the United States. The law school also ranked 18th for law school diversity.

GSEHD moved up 16 spots this year, tying for No. 19. It also ranked eighth among the best private universities in the country.

The University’s physician assistant program, making its debut on the list, ranked third. The rehabilitation counseling program came in fifth and the speech-language pathology program ranked 30th.

U.S. News and World Report, which has been printing America’s Best Graduate Schools for more than a decade, uses “objective data” and reputational rankings to calculate its findings, according to the publication.

Organizations honor Sexual Assault Awareness Month
The Alliance for Sexual Assault Awareness will host its annual Take Back the Night rally and candlelight vigil on the Quad Monday evening to honor sexual assault survivors. From 8:15 to 9:45 p.m., students can hear speakers and poetry readings, followed by a march through campus and a vigil. The rain location is the Strong Hall roof.

The organization will also present the Clothesline Project, a visual depiction of the impact of sexual assault and violence against women, on the Quad from 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. T-shirts made by survivors will be hung up.

For more information about Monday’s events or Sexual Assault Awareness Month, e-mail [email protected].

Gelman Library surveys students
The Gelman Library will e-mail surveys to 5,000 members of the GW community from Monday until April 21. The nationwide research and development project, LibQUAL+, focuses on library service quality in universities.

The information collected will be used to create assessment-planning tools for the library.

The library will give out 25 gift certificates to the Pentagon City Mall to random respondents of the survey.

Republican senator kicks off Rally for the Troops Week
Sen. Chuck Hagel (R-Neb.) will keynote the College Republicans’ Rally for the Troops Week Monday. Hagel will deliver his address at 7 p.m. in Marvin Center 403.

Hagel, who was re-elected to his second term in 2002, serves on three Senate committees – foreign relations; banking, housing and urban affairs and a select committee on intelligence. The event is open to the public.

The CRs will also participate in a “Rally for the troops, rally for America” event Saturday. The organization invites students to join it from noon to 3 p.m. on the Ellipse on Constitution Avenue across from the White House.

Those interested should e-mail Lee Roupas, director of political affairs, at [email protected].

The CRs will host a “yellow ribbon campaign” throughout the week. Members of the organization will hand out yellow ribbons for students to wear in support of the troops.