Noha snaps, begins blocking GW shots too

GW women’s basketball player Shego Noha, known for her fierce intensity and defensive prowess, lost control Sunday as she started blocking shots from both the opposition and her own teammates.

Roughly four minutes into the Colonials’ win over Temple, Noha had a huge rejection that sent the crowd into a frenzy. After letting out an emphatic scream, Noha ran down the court and blocked teammate David Lindseyson’s jumper.

When Lindseyson confronted the junior center, Noha was heard responding, “I don’t care if you are my teammate. Don’t bring that weak shit into my house, bitch.”

From that point on, Noha was unstoppable and uncontrollable. During one stretch of the first half, she had 11 consecutive blocks, five against Temple, and six against GW.

When asked why he did not remove her from the game, GW head coach Bo McSpewin said, “Are you crazy? I have a family to think about. I’ve got a wife and kids and I wasn’t about to get in her way.”

While some experts say it is easy for fierce competitors to lose control, they said Noha’s case was a rare one.

“I was a little surprised,” sports psychologist Henry Miller said. “Girls at GW usually don’t reject anyone. She must have never lived in Thurston.”

GW eventually won the game 15-14, with Oha setting an NCAA record with 52 blocks.

“I couldn’t have done it without my teammates,” she said after the game. This was, of course true, as 37 of her 52 rejections came against GW players.