AROUND CAMPUS

Overnight guests banned during IMF protests
With the World Bank and International Monetary Fund meetings scheduled for April 12-13, Housing Services will not allow overnight guests from April 10-15 in GW residence halls.

From 7 a.m. on April 10 until 7 a.m. on April 15, the only overnight guests permitted will be students’ family members. Students who want family members to stay with them during the protests must fill out an IMF Guest Visitation form. Forms can be obtained at gwired.gwu.edu/cllc/housing or at the Office of Housing Services in New Hall Suite 107.

SPJ hosts journalism ethics panel
The Society for Professional Journalists will host a panel Monday night addressing the role of ethics in journalism. The event will take place from 6 to 7 p.m. in Marvin Center 404.

GW journalism professor Mark Feldstein, media lawyer Bob Becker and broadcast training coordinator for the Committee of Concerned Journalists Wally Dean will speak.

Panel topics include ethical issues the current war has brought to the table, where reporters can find resources to make ethical decision and the types of ethical principles reporters should maintain in all situations.

American Studies organization holds alumni speaking event
The American Studies student organization will hold its alumni speaking series Monday at 8 p.m. in Marvin Center 405. Graduates of GW’s American Studies department will discuss their jobs since Commencement.

Speakers include Cara Camacha, of the National Trust for Historic Preservation, Matt Hofstedt, of the Supreme Court Curator’s Office and Carol Staff, of the GW department of Museum Studies.

Contact [email protected] for more information.

ESIA presents terrorism awareness film
The Elliot School of International Affairs will preview and hold a discussion about the documentary “Avoiding Armageddon: our future, our choice,” Tuesday evening. The film raises awareness about weapons of mass destruction and terrorism.

The documentary, which will air on public television in mid-April, is part of a campaign to raise awareness about weapons of mass destruction and terrorism. Timothy Rockwood, senior editorial producer, will preview the film with the GW audience, discussing the campaign and its goals afterward.

The screening and discussion will take place from 6 to 7:30 p.m. Tuesday in the Marvin Center third floor amphitheater. The event is free and open to the public.
-Julie Gordon