SA Senate Notes

Student hotline addresses concerns
A new SA student help hotline

will offer advice to students with concerns about University offices and policies.

The hotline, 994-1307, which will be staffed by SA office assistants, will be available during regular SA office hours, Monday through Thursday 10 a.m. to 8 p.m., Friday 12 to 6 p.m. and Sunday 12 to 5 p.m. Students can also e-mail [email protected].

SA President Phil Robinson said he hopes the hotline will offer students a consolidated resource for University information and eventually hopes to expand the program to include other student and faculty members.

Bylaw change to improve transparency
Robinson signed a bill this week providing for an SA bylaw change to require all three branches of the SA to release a proposed budget to the Senate before a vote on the initial allocations are taken.

Previously, the different branches of the SA submitted the proposed budget to Senate leadership or the Senate Finance committee. The change will also allow time to publicize budgets before they are brought before the full Senate.

Robinson cited the bill as part of an increased effort to make the SA more transparent.

-Rachel Gould

Hart’s transition continues
“Kris (Hart) has been meeting with everyone,” said Alycia Piontkowski, the SA president-elect’s spokesperson for transition. “He’s spoken with Phil (Robinson), (SA Executive Vice President) Eric Daleo, the senators-elect, and many administrators.”

Applications for executive branch appointments can be downloaded on the Senate’s Web site at senate.gwu.edu or picked up at the SA office on the fourth floor of the Marvin Center. The application deadline is April 4 at 5 p.m. Interviews with applicants will be conducted the following week. Those with questions about transition can e-mail [email protected].

-Thane Tuttle