Crime Log

Arson/Malicious Burning
3/20
Marvin Center – 11:30 a.m.
Open Case
Upon entering the ground floor bathroom, a UPD officer noticed that the contents of a garbage can were on fire. The fire was extinguished, and the D.C. Fire Department was called to search the building for additional fires. A fire was also extinguished in a garbage can on the first floor. UPD identified a former employee as a suspect from security camera tapes. The suspect has yet to be located.

Fraud
3/20
Off campus
Case closed
An individual indicated that his jacket, which contained a credit card, was stolen at a nightclub. The jacket and credit card were returned, but the individual was informed by the credit card company that someone had tried to use his card.

Liquor Law Violation
3/19
Off campus – 1:11 a.m.
Case closed
An officer observed an intoxicated student walking through campus. EMeRG was called to evaluate the student, who was later released. The student was found to be underage.
Referred to SJS

3/16
Fulbright Hall – 11:30 p.m.
Case closed
An officer patrolling the hall smelled a “suspicious odor” emanating from a room. An administrative search of the room produced several containers of alcohol. The students in the room were all underage.
Referred to SJS

Theft II
3/15
University Garage – 7:15 a.m.
Case closed
An individual drove through the parking gates without paying. UPD located the individual, who reimbursed the parking officials.

Unlawful Entry
3/14
Francis Scott Key Hall – 8:00 p.m.
Case closed
University Police arrested an individual for trespassing. He had been previously barred from campus.
Subject arrested