Crime Log

Simple Assault
2/24
Gelman Library – 11:02 a.m.
Case closed
A female individual unaffiliated with GW entered the library and got into a verbal altercation with an employee. She also kicked and pushed the employee. The argument arose over a personal relationship. The employee wanted to press charges; Metropolitan Police arrested the woman and charged her with assault.
Subject arrested

Unlawful Entry
3/1
West End Apartments – 3 a.m.
Case closed
University Police responding to a report of smoke, found discharge from a fire extinguisher in the hallway. UPD apprehended an individual with the fire extinguisher on the first floor. MPD arrested the individual, who was unaffiliated with GW, and charged him with unlawful entry.
Subject arrested

Harassment
2/25
Thurston Hall
Case closed
Two individuals indicated someone was hacking into their personal e-mail accounts and sending them malicious e-mails. The complaint was referred to Information Systems and Services.
Referred to ISS

Drug Law Violation
3/1
Thurston Hall – 12:58 a.m.
Case closed
UPD was called after Community
Living and Learning Center staff smelled a suspicious odor emanating from a room. An administrative search yielded marijuana and smoking paraphernalia.
Referred to SJS

2/26
Dakota Apartments
Case closed
An officer patrolling the building smelled marijuana coming from a room. An administrative search by CLLC produced marijuana and smoking paraphernalia.
Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation
2/28
Thurston Hall – 1:08 a.m.
Case closed
A male student entered the UPD station and requested a taxi voucher to get back to the Mount Vernon Campus. An officer suspected the student was intoxicated and called EMeRG. The student was transported to the emergency room for further evaluation.
Referred to SJS

2/28
Woodhull House – 2:15 a.m.
Case closed
A community facilitator called UPD after seeing a student staggering through the hallway. EMeRG transported the student to the hospital to be evaluated.