AROUND CAMPUS

Seniors celebrate Mardi Gras
The Class Council presents “Mardi Gras Senior Style” on Fat Tuesday at Third Edition in Georgetown. From 9 to 11:30 p.m., seniors can enjoy free food all night. Admission is free with a GWorld card.

The upstairs room of the 1218 Wisconsin Ave. bar will be reserved for GW seniors. Students need to bring their valid age identifications to get in the door.

The Class Council will also host an “I Will Survive Event” for seniors Thursday at 6 p.m. Students will learn how to buy or lease a car from an expert in the area and how to apartment search after graduation.

The event will take place in Marvin Center 404.

Networking night hits campus
GW students can schmooze with alumni Wednesday evening at the third annual GW student-alumni networking night. Alumni representing a variety of industries will talk to students about career opportunities in the D.C. area.

At 6:30 p.m., students can attend a networking prep workshop to get ready for the main event. The workshop will focus on how to approach professionals and leave a good impression.

The soiree will take place in the Marvin Center Grand Ballroom from 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.
-Julie Gordon

Security officials to speak at town hall
The SA will host a town hall meeting on security Monday in the Marvin Center Amphitheater at 8 p.m. UPD Chief Dolores Stafford and Assistant Vice President of Emergency Services John Petrie will be speaking meeting, which will also feature a UPD Rape Aggression Defense demonstration.
-Kate Stepan

Amnesty International holds women in “Russia panel”
Amnesty International will host a panel discussion Tuesday titled “Domestic Violence in Russia: A Human Rights Perspective.” The discussion will feature Sheila Dauer, director of Amnesty International USA Women’s Right’s Program and Elena Shitova, executive director of Women’s Alliance, a Russian non-governmental organization focused on intervention issues of violence against women.

The panel will be held from 8 p.m. to 10 p.m. in the Marvin Center. For more information e-mail [email protected].

Live feed from death row
Campaign to End the Death Penalty will host an event featuring a live feed from Maryland death row inmate Kenny Collins Monday at 8 p.m. in the Marvin Center Continental Ballroom.

A panel of death penalty experts will also attend. For more information e-mail [email protected].
-Rachel Gould