AROUND CAMPUS

SA, PB, MCGB hold elections
The Student Association, Program Board and Marvin Center Governing Board will hold elections for their 2003-2004 positions Wednesday and Thursday. Voting will take place from 9 a.m. to 9 p.m. both days at computer labs at Funger Hall, Hall of Government, the Law School, Marvin Center, Medical Center, the Mount Vernon Campus and Thurston Hall.

Students can vote for SA president, executive vice president and senators representing their school or college, MCBG board members and PB executive chair and executive vice chair.

If abroad or absent from campus during all hours of voting, students can vote using an absentee ballot. All declarations of absence must be submitted to the voters’ academic deans by Monday at 8 p.m.

Absentee ballots must be e-mailed to [email protected] and received by Thursday at 9 p.m. for the initial vote. If necessary, a runoff election is scheduled for March 6 and 7.

FMLA presents “V-Week” activities
The Feminist Majority Leadership Alliance will host various events throughout the week in celebration of “V-Day,” a global movement to stop violence against women and girls.

Students can attend a female genital mutilation panel Monday in Marvin Center 301 from 6 to 8 p.m., an “AIDS and women” discussion Tuesday in Post Hall on the Mount Vernon Campus from 7 to 10 p.m., and an anti-sexual assault workshop Wednesday in Marvin Center 301 from 9 to 11 p.m.

Hippodrome accepts Wall of Fame nominations
Students have the possibility to adding a favorite campus face to the Hippodrome’s Wall of Fame by submitting nominations by Friday.

Hippodrome staffers are looking for faculty, staff and students who have provided the University with “leadership and service” and have made a “significant contribution to student life at GW.” Nominees do not have to have had any formal leadership experience or received service awards.

To submit a nomination, either pick one up at the Hippodrome on the fifth floor of the Marvin Center or go to hippodrome.gwu.edu and click on “Wall of Fame.”

Those inducted will get a caricature on the Wall and be honored at a ceremony May 1. Current Wall of Fame inductees include Robert Chernak, senior vice president for student and academic support services, Josh Hiscock, co-coordinator for the Student Admissions Representative Program and several athletes, students and administrators.

Work experience available abroad
The AIESEC student organization, which sends students and recent graduates on work abroad exchange programs, will hold two information sessions this week. The sessions will take place Tuesday at 7 p.m. in Marvin Center 404 and Wednesday at 7 p.m. in Marvin Center 310.

Besides sending GW students abroad, the University’s chapter of AIESEC also brings students from various countries to work at companies in D.C.

E-mail [email protected] for more information.