Around Campus

PB offers refunds for Breuer Tickets
The Program Board canceled Monday night’s scheduled Jim Breuer performance when the comedian was unable to travel to D.C. because of Sunday’s snowstorm. PB Chair Bryan Gless said GW is “making every effort to reschedule” the performance.

Gless said the PB will offer students refunds for tickets at Ticketmaster starting Tuesday, but students can keep their tickets for the rescheduled date.

-Kate Stepan

Marvin Center accepts applications for space
Applications for office space in the Marvin Center must be submitted to the Marvin Center Governing Board by Feb. 28.

Decisions on space allocation will be made at the beginning of March, with final conclusions released March 7. Organizations selected must sign contracts by May 9.

Organizations will be evaluated on the basis of group history, past and future events and activities, as well as how the group plans to use the space in the Marvin Center to further the initiatives of the organization.

Student groups applying for office space must be registered with the Student Activities Center. Applications are available at the MCGB office in Marvin Center 416 or at www.gwu.edu/~mcgb.

-Courtney Campbell

Professor to run for governor
Former governor of Puerto Rico and GW professor Pedro Rosello said last Tuesday he will return to politics to run again for governor of the island in 2004.

Rosello will run against Carlos Pesquera, the current leader of the New Progressive Party, in the primary. A former surgeon and professor of public health at GW, Rosello said he will run on a platform advocating U.S. statehood for Puerto Rico.

Rosello was governor of Puerto Rico from 1992 to 2000. He will leave his teaching position soon to run his campaign.

MC to hold “Summer in the City” job fair
A summer job and internship fair for students interested in spending the summer in the District will be held Wednesday from 2 to 5 p.m. in the Marvin Center ballroom.

Employers will be hiring for full-time, part-time, co-op and internship positions. Students must present a GWorld ID to participate.
For more information, check out the Career Center online at www.gwired.gwu.edu/career.

Foreign Service exam deadline apprpoaches
Students looking for the opportunity to work as a Foreign Service Officer for the State Department in one of 163 countries need to register for this year’s Foreign Service exam by March 12.

The Foreign Service offers five career tracks – management, economic, political, consular and public diplomacy. Starting salaries for officers range from $36,900 to $66,500.

Students can register for the April 12 exam and receive more background about the duties of an officer at www.careers.state.gov.

Bright Beginnings seeks volunteers
The Neighbor’s Project is looking for students to volunteer at Bright Beginnings, a center for homeless infants and preschoolers in the area.
Students will play with the children at the daycare center and learn about childhood development.
For more information e-mail [email protected] or stop by the Office of Community Service.
-Rachel Gould