Around Campus

World Bank seeks interns
The World Bank, located at 18th and H streets, is looking for student interns for its summer 2003 season. The organization will accept resumes until Wednesday.

Students can drop off hard copies of their resumes at the front desk of the Career Center on the first floor of the Old Main building at 1922 F St.

For a detailed description of the internship, contact the Career Center Employer Relations staff at 994-8633.

Peer advisors discuss major selection
The Major Advising Cabinet, made up of peer advisers, will begin holding office hours Monday. The hours are Mondays 6-9 p.m. and Tuesdays 6-9 p.m. in the Thurston Hall TV lounge, Wednesdays 6-9 p.m. in the Lafayette Hall office and Fridays 1-3 p.m. in the Madison Hall lounge.

Advisers can help students with tasks including choosing majors, creating four-year plans and making schedules. They are knowledgeable in the fields of fine arts, art history, psychology, biology, English, political science, criminal justice and sociology.

Forum focuses on sexal health issues
Representatives from the Whitman-Walker Clinic will talk to students about sexual activities, diseases, drugs, myths and common mistakes. The clinic is a not-for-profit group that provides health care, especially for HIV/AIDS patients.

The discussion, sponsored by GW Pride, will take place from 8 to 9 p.m. in Marvin Center 310.

SAWI holds night for peace
The Students Against War in Iraq will hold “A Night for Peace” Saturday in the Marvin Center Amphitheater from 7:30 to 10 p.m. Folk singer Stephan Smith and GW student Kate Herring will perform musical pieces.

Chinese group welcomes New Year
The Chinese American Student Association will hold a Chinese New Year celebration Saturday from 8 p.m. until midnight in the Hippodrome.

The evening will include dance performances, martial arts demonstrations, door prizes, free Chinese food and raffles.

The event is free and open to all students.

Bellydance holds classes, looks for members
Bellydance, a new student organization on campus, seeks students to join its Wednesday afternoon belly dancing classes. The classes are held at 12 noon in the Marvin Center. A list of locations is posted on the bulletin board on the second floor of the Marvin Center outside the dance studio.

Dues are $20 per semester. E-mail [email protected] for more information.

-Julie Gordon

Living and Learning community to host charity evening
The Leadership through Community Service community will host a “Pay it Forward” night Friday from 8 to 11 p.m. at their town house at 607 21st St.

Participants will make peanut butter and jelly sandwiches for the homeless, Valentine’s Day cards for seniors, watch the movie Pay it Forward and more. All students are invited to attend.

-Elizabeth Brown