On the Style radar

With the holidays coming in full force its time we all start asking our loved ones for the fashionable gifts that will make our holiday season. If you cannot just prance down to Fifth Avenue in New York this Thanksgiving break, I have for you some Web sites perfectly suited for virtual window shopping. For girls nothing beats www.girlshop.com and www.shobop.com These sites are the ultimate in couture. Whether its jeans and tops from Marc by Marc Jacobs, personally embroidered Juicy sweats, the latest from Lulu Guinness and Diesel or Diane von Furstenburg, these Web sites have it all with the convenience of shopping in your knickers if you so desire. As are most things in the fashion world, guys have it more difficult, but www.eluxery.com and www.bluefly.com come through with a wide selection of ties, watches, accessories and even collections from Hugo Boss, Earl Jeans and DKNY.

In the spirit of the season, I attended the posh “Beat it Bash” benefit to raise money for the National Breast Cancer Coalition at Cities in Adams Morgan Nov. 14. This event, spearheaded by juniors Jaimee Himmel and Lauren Ginsberg, raised more than $20,000 with more than 100 people in attendance. There was a $20 donation at the door as well as contributions throughout the night.

“For one night students are able to donate their money to a greater cause without waking up the following morning feeling guilty about where their money went,” Himmel said.

The gala was not your average Thursday night out. Fabulous fashion and good music were definitely in vogue. Guys wearing stylish and trendy suits, jackets and shirts were sipping on cocktails and working the bar. Girls sported their cutest outfits wore chic tops, pants and skirts to support the cause and have a good time.