Greek briefs

Phi Sigma Sigma makes gift bags

The Phi Sigma Sigma sorority took part in “Make A Difference Day” Saturday by putting together toiletry and cosmetic gift bags for women at My Sister’s Place, a shelter for battered women. My Sister’s Place is the sorority’s local philanthropy site. Additionally, on Nov. 8 and 9, the sorority will host their annual philanthropy event, War of the Roses, to benefit My Sister’s Place. The event includes a karaoke competition and a dodge ball tournament. The sorority welcomes all students to participate. For more information, Phi Sigma Sigma President Fiona Conroy can be reached at [email protected].

Pi Kappa Phi hosts speakers on disabilities

Pi Kappa Phi will host a Volunteer Week Empathy Dinner Monday from 7- 9 p.m. in the Marvin Center Continental Ballroom. The event is open to the entire University community and will feature various speakers on disabilities and the importance of volunteerism over a catered buffet dinner. Tickets will be available for $10 at the Office of Community Service (OCS) and at the door.
-Jessica Braverman

Sigma Alpha Epsilon holds haunted house

The Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity will host a haunted house and a canned food drive Thursday at 2034 G St. About 200 pre-schoolers are invited from Steven Elementary School to the event from 10-11:30 a.m. At noon, the house will be open to the campus

The fraternity will use three of the four floors of the house for different haunted house scenes.

“We use black garbage bags for the first and second floors to cover the walls. There are different areas where people jump out at you,” said senior John Shannon, Sigma Alpha Epsilon chaplain.

The elementary school students will not be required to pay admission. At noon, GW students will have to bring a can of food to get in.

Two years ago, fraternity members received 600 cans for the drive. Last year, they received between 300 and 400 cans.
-Heather Sala