SA Notes

Complaints about the Mount Vernon shuttle and dining options on the Mount Vernon campus dominated discussion Tuesday at the Student Association’s second Town Hall meeting.

More than 50 students attended the SA-student summit, due in part to the work of MVC residents Dan Foster and Kris Kopra, two new freshman senators, SA Executive Vice President Eric Daleo said.

Discussion at the meeting focused on the MVC shuttle service and dining hall availability. Students said transportation is overcrowded and often requires patrons to wait for additional buses when demand is high.

Senator Kris Hart (U-at-large), Chairman of the Student Life Committee, said the SA “hope(s) to work with students and later the administration to improve shuttle service.”

Students were also concerned with the dining options available to MVC residents, asking for more healthy options and longer hours for the campus’s main dining establishment, Ames Hall.

Although no legislation is currently in the channel to lengthen Ames’ hours, Hart mentioned that the Student Life Committee is working on legislation to develop a student organization that would evaluate nutritional options on campus and work with the GW Dining Services to post the results at each eating establishment.

Daleo said he and SA President Phil Robinson are “committed to doing (town halls) every month and that the participation at this week’s meeting has really strengthened our resolve to do so.”

The next SA town hall is scheduled for Nov. 11. The next SA Senate meeting will be held Oct. 29.