Greek briefs

Latino sorority hosts art exhibit

The Latinas Promoviendo Comunidad/Lambda Pi Chi sorority will host a Latin American Art Exhibit and business card exchange in honor of Hispanic Heritage month Thursday at 7 p.m. in Marvin Center 310.

Celebrating their fifth anniversary, the sorority seeks to educate the community about cultural and political Latino issues. The event will feature artwork by Latino artists, traditional Latin American cuisine and an opportunity to meet and network with D.C.-area professionals, sorority president Reyna Larios said.

Phi Sigma Kappa helps local church

The Phi Sigma Kappa fraternity helped members of The United Church, at 19th and G streets, move furniture and boxes Friday and Saturday for the church’s annual October Fall Sale. Church spokeswoman Laetitia Combrinck said members were grateful for all the help from the fraternity, noting “(the) Phi Sigma Kappa fellows did a terrific job.”

The fraternity will help the church with the sale again on Thursday. The sale began Wednesday morning and will be open Thursday 7 a.m. to 11 p.m. Nathan Blumberg, a junior and member of the fraternity’s philanthropy committee, said the fraternity “will continue to work hard and focus our efforts on helping out anywhere in the community that may need our assistance.”