Crime Log

Disorderly Conduct
9/27 -– Thurston Hall 12 a.m.
Case Closed

U.S. Secret Service called UPD to the scene by after students were yelling obscenities and throwing things at Secret Service officers. University Police identified the subjects in the room. U.S. Secret Service chose not to prosecute.

Referred to SJS

9/26 – Mount Vernon Shuttle 7 p.m.
Case Closed

A Mount Vernon shuttle bus driver called UPD after a passenger verbally harassed him after the driver told her to stop eating on the bus. The passenger continued to eat, prompting the driver to repeat his request and cursing at him.

Referred to SJS

Drug Law Violation

9/30 – Mitchell Hall 12:53 a.m.
Case Closed

UPD responded to a noise complaint and several knocks on the door went unanswered. Officers found no one in the room, however, smoking paraphernalia was found on top of the microwave.

Referred to SJS

9/28 – City Hall 2 p.m.
Case Closed

CLLC staff called UPD after suspecting that an individual was smoking marijuana in his room. Community directors performed an administrative search and found smoking paraphernalia.

Referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

9/28 – International House 12:44 a.m.
Case Closed

CLLC called UPD after a student was found lying prostrate on the floor, vomiting. The individual was taken to the GW Hospital emergency room. While en route to the emergency room, the individual attempted to escape from the ambulance.

Referred to SJS

Harassment

9/25 – Lafayette Hall 1:45 a.m., 3:30 p.m.
Case Open

University Police responded to reports of three separate incidents of harassing phone calls.

Theft II

9/25 – Mitchell Hall 1 a.m.
Case Closed

Three individuals were spotted running to Thurston Hall carrying a fire extinguisher. One of the individuals threw the fire extinguisher into the bushes, causing it to explode. The fire extinguisher belonged to Mitchell Hall. The three individuals were identified by UPD.

Referred to SJS

Robbery/Purse Snatch

9/27 – off campus
Case Closed

An individual reported that her purse was stolen at Diva, a club. The purse contained cash and a cell phone.

Disorderly Conduct

9/29 – Thurston Hall 2:42 a.m.
Case Closed

An altercation between five individuals ended in the arrest of two Thurston Hall residents. The argument started in the elevator, after one individual pressed “too many buttons.” Two of the individuals left in a car before police arrived, while another individual who was not a GW student was barred from campus.