Crime Log

Sexual Abuse

9/18- Lafayette Hall 2 a.m.

Four residents reported a male student, also a Lafayette Hall resident, touched them in an uncomfortable manner multiple times in one week.

Case closed, referred to SJS

Unlawful Entry

9/18- Marvin Center 5:30 a.m.

University Police were notified that an individual was begging for money inside the Marvin Center. The individual was found and identified. It was further discovered that the man had been barred from campus property in April.

Case closed, referred to MPD

Drug Law Violation

9/19- Pennsylvania House 11:30 p.m.

University Police were called after a report of a suspicious smell outside a room. An administrative search by a CLLC staff member found marijuana in the room along with smoking paraphernalia. One individual was also taken to the emergency room for excessive alcohol consumption.

Case closed, referred to SJS

9/20- Munson Hall 10:13 p.m.

University Police responded after an individual reported smelling something suspicious. The Community Director conducted an administrative search and found marijuana and smoking paraphernalia in the room.

Case closed, referred to SJS

9/22- Staughton Hall 3:01 a.m.

UPD responded to the intrusion alarm and entered a room where they found five individuals. There was evidence that marijuana had been smoked in the room. One individual admitted to smoking marijuana in the room.

Case closed, referred to SJS

Liquor Law Violation

9/22- Thurston Hall 4 a.m.

A security guard stopped a seemingly intoxicated student entering the building. UPD transported the student to the emergency room to be evaluated.

Case closed, referred to SJS

9/22- 2028 G St. 12:42 a.m.

UPD responded to a noise complaint and found thirteen underage individuals drinking. It was initially thought only nine students were present, however, an additional four students were found hiding in a closet. One individual was taken into the emergency room for excessive alcohol consumption.

Case closed, referred to SJS

Assault with a Dangerous Weapon

9/20- Public Space 10:34 a.m.

An individual delivering newspapers outside the Foggy Bottom Metro station got into a verbal altercation with a GW employee after the man berated him for dumping newspapers in the garbage. The individual grabbed a shovel. The GW employee put a hand to his face and showed a knife. MPD and UPD responded, and the GW employee was arrested by the MPD for brandishing a knife.

Case closed, referred to MPD

Counterfeiting

9/20- Marvin Center Unknown Time

UPD was called to the scene after an Aramark employee discovered a counterfeit $20 bill. UPD searched the cash drawers in the Marvin Center and found sixteen more fraudulent $20 bills in seven different shops. Two more fake $20 bills were found in the bookstore. MPD came to pick up the bills, which they turn over to the U.S. Secret Service.

Case open, referred to U.S. Secret Service

Theft I

9/21- Marvin Center Unknown Time

A student, after leaving his glasses and wallet in the computer lab, came back to find them missing. The wallet contained $120 in cash and a credit card.

Cased open, referred to UPD