Around D.C.

Wednesday, Sept. 25
5 p.m. – “Demonstration Against the World Bank: Stop Bankrolling Dirty Technology,” sponsored by Essential Action. World Bank headquarters, 1818 H St. N.W.

7 p.m. – “End Corporate Rule: Global Struggles Against the IMF and World Bank” opening meeting. Conference registration required, or $5 for opening meeting only. Sponsored by Jubilee USA Network, 50 Years is Enough, Center for Economic Justice and Essential Action. New York Avenue Presbyterian Church, 1313 New York Ave. N.W., Metro Center Metro stop.

Thursday, Sept. 26
10 a.m. to 12 p.m. – “Toward a Fair and Orderly Resolution to Debt Crises” conference to discuss proposals to replace the Paris Club approach with a formal mechanism for restructuring developing countries’ debts. Sponsored by New Rules for Global Finance Coalition, CIDSE/Caritas and Center of Concern. World Bank Building J, 1050 18th St N.W., ground floor.

2:30 p.m. to 4:30 p.m. – Global Workers Forum. Discussion of the impact of globalization on working families. Sponsored by AFL-CIO, Jobs with Justice and the D.C. Metro Labor Council. Rally to follow. AFL-CIO headquarters, 816 16th St. N.W.

7 a.m. – “March to Put the Squeeze on Capitalist Greed.” Sponsored by the Anti-Capitalist Convergence. Franklin Square Park, 14th and K streets N.W.

7:30 a.m. – “The Bike Strike.” Bike ride through the streets of D.C. in protest of various corporate and governmental institutions. Sponsored by the Anti-Capitalist Convergence. Meet at Union Station.

7 to 10 p.m. – “End Corporate Rule: Global Struggles Against the IMF and World Bank Closing Plenary Session.” With speakers Ralph Nader, consumer advocate; Maude Barlow, Council of Canadians; Mohau Pheko, Gender and Trade Network in Africa. Conference registration required or $10 for Closing Plenary only. New York Avenue Presbyterian Church, 1313 New York Ave. N.W. Metro Center Metro stop.

Saturday, Sept. 28
12 p.m. – “Protest Against the IMF and World Bank. Mobilization for Global Justice” rally and concert. Sylvan Theater, 14th Street and Independence Avenue near the Washington Monument.

6 p.m. – Anti-Capitalist Convergence People’s Strike benefit concert, “Rhythms of Revolution: Protest in Song.” David Rovics, Jim Page, Blow Back, and more TBA. Five dollars to benefit the People’s Strike Convergence and Community Programs at Casa Del Pueblo. Sanctuary Theatre/Casa Del Pueblo, 15th and Columbia streets N.W. Columbia Heights Metro stop on the green line.
-Complied from dc.indymedia.org
and Abolishthebank.org