Crime Log

Simple Assault

4/24 – Marvin Center
Two subjects approached a student outside the building and told him to “watch (your) back.” One of the subjects then grabbed the student’s arm and pinned him to the bench. The victim thinks that the attack was related to a previous dispute. University Police are trying to track down the subject, who was identified by the complainant.
Open

4/24 – Tompkins Hall
A male student was using headphones in the computer lab when a female student approached him and asked him to turn the music down. When the male student left the room, the female subject turned the music down. The two got into an argument and the female student punched the male in the head.
Referred to SJS

4/26 – 18th and K streets
A student called 911 on his cell phone when he saw nine people kicking someone who was on the ground. One of the subjects approached the student and asked him to turn over the phone. The subject then grabbed the phone and took the complainant by the neck. Several other subjects helped hold the complainant. Metropolitan Police and UPD officers then responded to the scene, and the subject threw the cell phone through the window of an escort van that had arrived earlier. The complainant refused to press charges, and the person that was kicked fled the scene.
Referred to SJS

4/27 – Thurston Hall
A complainant reported that a subject called him a “joke” and taunted him. The complainant said that he was familiar with the subject, a fraternity member who was with other members of the fraternity. The complainant is not a member of the fraternity. The complainant asked for an apology, and shoving ensued. By the time UPD arrived on the scene, the subjects had left. The complainant later identified the subjects. Referred to SJS

Drug Law Violation

4/28 – Madison Hall
An officer smelled marijuana outside of a room and Community Living and Learning Center officials conducted an administrative search. The subjects later admitted that they had filled a cigar with marijuana and thrown it out the window before the search.

Disorderly Conduct

4/28 – Thurston Hall
Two employees in the Thurston Dining Hall were engaged in a loud dispute. One of the employees reported that he feared the other. Nothing physical occurred, but the two were warned by UPD that in the future they would be removed from the premises.
Closed

Theft

4/27 – Academic Center
An officer observed a subject stealing a bicycle outside the building. The officer detained the subject and searched his duffle-bag. The bag contained hardware and tools, including bolt cutters and hacksaws, and drug-paraphernalia. He was detained and taken to MPD for processing. MPD and UPD are looking for the owner of the silver and black mountain bike. Until the owner is found, the subject cannot be charged with theft.
Referred to MPD

-compiled by Artemy Kalinovsky