Crime Report

Simple Assault

4/12 City Hall
A male non-student attacked his girlfriend, a student, during an argument. He struck her several times with a belt, then hit her on the head with a cell phone. University Police arrested the subject, who was turned over to Metropolitan Police for processing. The victim did not require medical attention, but reportedly had a bump on her head.
Closed

Drug Law Violation

4/13 2020 F St.
UPD responded to 2020 F St. after MPD requested its presence. MPD was responding to a noise complaint in the apartment building. A student was found smoking a “marijuana cigarette” on the roof of the building. He was arrested and taken to the 2nd District station for processing.
Closed

Liquor Law Violation

4/12 Columbia Plaza
Three GW students were arrested at Tokay liquor store by MPD for underage possession of alcohol. UPD learned of the incident from MPD officers while helping to process a City Hall assailant at MPD facilities.

Disorderly Affray

4/13 21st and I Streets
Several UPD officers responded to a fight between three individuals. One individual tried to flee the scene when he saw the officers but was chased and detained. MPD officers arrived for back-up. Two of the subjects were arrested for disorderly conduct (one student, one non-student). The third individual, a student, who was seen taking a punch but was otherwise not involved in the fight, was not arrested. The two subjects were released at 6:45 the next morning after they posted bond. The GW student was reported as being extremely intoxicated. He was taken to GW Hospital, but was “combative, disruptive and non-cooperative.” That student later called to apologize to the UPD officer.
Closed

Destruction of Property

4/10 Pelham Hall
UPD officers at Mount Vernon saw two students shooting paintballs at Pelham Hall. One student hid the gun in his pants, then tried to throw it away while the officers were not looking. The officers eventually found the missing paintball gun. The students had managed to cover a significant portion of Pelham Hall with paint before being apprehended. UPD confiscated the guns.
Referred to SJS

-Artemy Kalinovsky