Burying the Hatchet

I am an athlete. Is it a good idea or a bad idea to have sex the night
before a game? I’ve heard that it can make you tired, and it wastes your aggression. What do you think?
–Scoring points

Why not score on the field and off if you can? Athletes won’t performing
worse because of sex the night before, unless they were bumping and grinding all night and woke up tired. The only way it will have a negative effect is if you think it will have a negative effect. If you wake up thinking you’ve wasted your aggression and you’re going to be extra tired because of your last night’s romp session, then you’re psychologically going to perform badly on the field. So do whatever you think you can handle. If you can have a little fun the night before a game, why not?

***

My boyfriend said “I love you” to me in the weirdest situation. We were playing pool at a bar against other people. I didn’t know how to respond, so I kept on playing. Later that night he took it back and said that he meant to say something else and slipped because he had been drinking. I don’t know if he took it back to save face or if he really did slip. What should I do?
–Love Struck

He definitely took it back to save face. After spilling his most intimate
thoughts about you to you and you said nothing back, his ego was probably very hurt. Wouldn’t you take it back if you were just rejected? If you didn’t know how to respond that probably means that you don’t feel the same way, but you probably shouldn’t let things just hang in the air. Tell your boyfriend that you felt uncomfortable in the situation so you just froze. If you are in love with him tell him, if you aren’t just say thank you and leave it at that.