Crime Report

Theft

3/25 City Hall
A student reported that her high school class ring was stolen from her room between March 16 and March 24. The ring was valued at $300.
No suspects or witnesses
Closed

3/29 Pennsylvania House
A student reported that his and his roommates’ laptop computers were stolen sometime between the 27th and the 29th. The student said the room had been locked, there was no sign of forced entry.
Open

Disorderly Conduct

3/26 Marvin Center
At about 11 a.m. demonstrators protesting against Aramark’s labor practices tried to gain access to the building. They were told not to protest in the building. The protesters were also charged with unlawful assembly, as they did not have a permit to block either the sidewalk or the street.
Closed.

Weapons Violation

3/26 Fulbright Hall
During a drug-related administrative search conducted last Tuesday that resulted in the arrest of one GW student, an 8-inch knife and 7-inch knife were recovered. Possession of any knife over 4 inches long is illegal by D.C. law.
Referred to SJS.
Closed.

Harassment

3/27 Mitchell Hall
At 4:15 a.m. a student received a phone call from a stranger. The stranger spoke in a quiet voice, made several sexual requests and finally hung up.
No identifiable suspect.
Closed.

Fraud

3/19 Off Campus
A student who lives of campus reported that fraudulent charges had been made on his Visa Check-link that he was supposed to receive through the mail. The student believes the card was stolen out of the mail.

Destruction of Property

3/30 Block 23rd Street
A brick was thrown through the window of a parked minivan, shattering the glass. Witnesses reported seeing an intoxicated18 year-old male, about 5 feet 10 inches and weighing about 160 pounds. The witnesses said the male walked past the van, threw the brick, then ran west on F Street.
Closed.

-compiled by Artemy Kalinovsky