BAR BELLE: Marshall’s

Where: 2524 L St. N.W.
Getting in: carded at the bar
Prices: mid-range
Food: yup
Dancing: ummm . . . no
Pluses: good drink specials

A magnificent thought sprang into the Bar Belle’s brain as she walked to Georgetown with friends on a chilly night: they would go to Marshall’s. One friend, who doesn’t always pay attention too well, replied, “Hey! I love that place! I practically live there!” Only after it was decided Marshall’s was the proper destination did we realize our sharp friend was talking about the clothing store in Pentagon City rather than the beer joint.

No one knew what this Marshall’s place was. The Bar Belle explained that it’s the place that you walk by with the green awning and see the old men stumble out of at three o’clock in the afternoon when you are going to shop on a Sunday in Georgetown. All of a sudden everyone knew what she was talking about and a buzz of excitement erupted. It’s the kind of place you walk by a hundred times and always wonder just what sort of sin goes on inside.

Marshall’s resembles the Madhatter, minus people. There were only a few GW students there who looked like they had been there before. The special for Saturday night was $3 Bass pints. The owner and bartenders were really nice and the bathrooms were clean. All and all it was a fun place. There are some awesome specials and the Happy Hour is supposedly really good, too. Someone mentioned karaoke, but don’t hold it against them. Anyways, round up a group o’ friends and drink here before going out to Georgetown. You’ll save a bundle if you stick to the specials, and the walk to Georgetown won’t seem as long or cold during those winter nights.