Crime log

Drug Law Violations
10/11 – New Hall
At 3:45 a.m. a UPD officer smelled a suspicious odor in a room. CLLC staff conducted an administrative search of the room and found a small amount of marijuana and paraphernalia.
Referred to SJS Closed

10/11 – Mitchell Hall
An unknown person reported a suspicious odor. CLLC conducted an administrative search and found marijuana and paraphernalia.
Referred to SJS Closed

Fraud
10/12 – JBKO Hall
A male student reported his Checklink card missing since Sept. 20 and had been used since Sept. 30 for unspecified amounts and purposes. Open

Harassment
10/11 – Hall of Government
An employee acting as an academic adviser to a student has repeatedly been asked by the student to sign a tuition tax waiver form, despite the employee’s repeated assertions that she does not have the authority to sign the form. Open

10/11 – Stockton Hall
An employee at the Burns Law Library reported that a man called her and asked her to represent him in a welfare case. She believes she prosecuted him five years ago when she worked as a lawyer in Prince William County and so declined to represent the man.
Closed, unfounded

Liquor Law Violations
10/12 – 21st and F streets
Referred to SJS Closed.

10/12 – Thurston Hall
Referred to SJS Closed

10/12 – Fulbright Hall
Referred to SJS Closed

10/12 – 25th and I streets
Referred to SJS Closed

10/13 – 700 Block 21st Street
Referred to SJS Closed

10/14 – HOVA
Referred to SJS Closed

Sexual Abuse
10/16 – Himmelfarb Library
A female GW student reported on Oct. 16 that while studying with a male student on Sept. 20, he grabbed her and fondled her in a sexual manner.
Referred to SJS Closed

10/11 – Rockville, MD
A female GW student reported on Oct. 11 that a male GW student assaulted her in Rockville Sept. 30. After the incident, the female student sought medical attention. She has not identified the male student and is not pursuing the matter through judicial affairs. She claims to have reported the incident to a police department in Maryland, which allegedly refused to open an official report due to the amount of time that has elapsed since the incident. Open

Shoplifting
10/13 – Marvin Center
An employee in Provisions Market reported there was a female shoplifting various items from the store. UPD arrived and stopped the female, finding merchandise in her bag, and determined that she was a student. The student has been barred from Provisions Market.
Referred to SJS Closed

Threats
10/11 – Unknown off campus location
A female employee reported that she has been stalked and threatened by a former neighbor, a male. The two lived in the same apartment building in 1998, until he was evicted due to an argument. Most recently, she was leaving her night shift and was followed to her apartment by the man.
Referred to MPD Open

10/14 – 2109 F. Street
A male student reported that his roommate has been making physical threats against him because he is Jewish. The threats are considered a bias crime.
Referred to SJS Open

Unlawful Entry
10/13 – Tompkins Hall
A professor in Tompkins Hall reported on Oct. 14 that a female ex-student had entered his office and left an envelope on his desk. The female is the same person who was arrested and barred from campus on Sept. 29 after trying to enter the Health and Wellness Center. Closed

-Compiled by Ross Rapoport