Crime Log

Bomb Threat
10/08 – Medical Faculty Associates Building
MFA received a call at 11 a.m. stating that a bomb would go off in 13 minutes. UPD swept building and found nothing. No explosions occurred. Referred to MPD Closed

Destruction of Property
10/04 – Academic Center
Open

10/06 – City Hall
Open

10/08 – Thurston Hall
Open

Drug Law Violations
10/07 – Thurston Hall
At 1:40 a.m. a suspicious odor on the 1st floor was investigated. An administrative search was conducted. Marijuana and paraphernalia were found.
Referred to SJS Closed

10/08 – Thurston Hall
A CF noticed a suspicious odor while doing rounds. An administrative search was conducted. Marijuana and paraphernalia were found.
Referred to SJS Closed

Harassment

10/02 – Francis Scott Key Hall
Open

10/03 – Thurston Hall
No suspects or witnesses Closed

10/05 – Thurston Hall
Open

10/06 – Statesman Apts.
Referred to SJS Closed

10/09 – Thurston Hall
Referred to SJS Closed

Indecent Exposure
10/02 – At 12:58 a.m. a female student was walking at 24th and I streets, when a black male in a car asked her for directions. He then exposed himself to the student.
Open

10/08 – 2100 Block Pennsylvania Ave. NW
Open

10/09 – 2300 Block G Street NW
A female student was walking into the Health and Wellness Center when she witnessed a white male masturbating in a car. She entered the building and the man drove away.
Open

Liquor Law Violations
10/05 – Madison Hall
Referred to SJS Closed

10/06 – Thurston Hall
Referred to SJS Closed

Robbery – Force
10/03 – Car-jacking
16th and T streets N.W.
Referred to MPD Closed

10/10 – At 12:50 a.m. a female was the victim of a robbery at the 700 block of 23rd Street between G and H streets. A man described as a black male, 5 feet 7 inches, and between 18-28 years of age approached the female and demanded money. She complied and he fled south on 23rd Street.
Open

Sexual Abuse
10/05 – At 3:45 a.m. a male student was walking on P Street when he was offered a ride by an unknown male. The male then assaulted the student, who reported the incident to MPD. The official charge was “forcible sodomy” but the student declined to pursue the case any further.
Closed

10/05 – During the summer, a female student reported to MPD that a male in his apartment had assaulted her after a night out. The U.S. Attorney dropped the case, but the student is pursuing SJS charges.
Open

Simple Assault
10/07/01 – 2200 Block H Street NW
Open

Threats
10/08 – A black female was at the Foggy Bottom Metro stop when a white male approached her and asked her for cigarettes. She refused, and the man began to yell racial slurs. The female called UPD and then requested MPD’s presence. The man was barred from campus. MPD is considering issuing a warrant.