Obscene driver returns to campus

The University Police Department is investigating a report of indecent exposure early morning Oct. 2, when a man allegedly pulled up to a female student and exposed himself.

At 1 a.m., the subject pulled his vehicle up to the curb near 24th and I streets and asked the female directions. When she came close, he pulled down his pants and exposed himself, UPD Assistant Director Anthony Roccogrande said.

Roccogrande said the incident is related to three other incidents in the past six months, in which a man in his car pulled up to females and groped themselves. He used the same “method of operation,” Roccogrande said.

A woman walking near the intersection of 21st and G streets March 2 reported a male pulled over and asked her for directions to New York Avenue. When the woman approached the vehicle, she saw the male groping himself through his pants, according to a March 13 Hatchet article.

A female walking on the 2100 block of Pennsylvania Avenue Feb. 27 reported that a male driver pulled over and attempted to get her attention. When the woman approached the car, she saw the man was masturbating, according to the article.

A third incident took place near the intersection of 22nd and L streets Feb. 11.

A man in a white compact car pulled over to ask a female student directions to New York Avenue. When the woman approached the car, the male grabbed her and forced her to see him masturbating, according to a Feb. 22 Hatchet article.

All cases are open.

Freshman arrested for threats

Metropolitan Police arrested freshman Steven Forman Collins for felony threats to do bodily harm Friday morning at 1 a.m. in Mitchell Hall after he threatened a community facilitator and MPD officers.

Collins used obscene language and threatened a Mitchell Hall community facilitator who wanted to check guests in his room, Roccogrande said.

UPD officers arrived and handcuffed Collins before calling MPD.

“He was completely out of control,” Roccogrande said. “He had to be hand-cuffed for the safety of the staff.”

He was arrested and was in jail as of Friday afternoon for felony threats.

GW student injured in attempted carjacking

A GW female was injured Wednesday night when a male attempted to steal her car as she was stopped on 16th and T streets.

The attempted car jacking took place at 10:21 p.m. as the assailant attempted to use “force and violence” to enter the vehicle, Roccogrande said.

The victim sustained injuries and was treated and released from GW Hospital, he said.

MPD is currently investigating the incident.
-Russ Rizzo contributed to this report.