Bar Belle

Crowd: those who can tolerate groping “dancers”
Price: free entry, $5 for upstairs
Address: 1218Wisconsin St., Georgetown
Dancing: yes, to hip-hop
Drinks: $5 dollar mixed drinks and Heinekins

Friday night we decided to try something new, so we hit up Third Edition. We didn’t quite know what to expect but we went in ready to party. The first thing we noticed was the extremely dim lighting. It was so dark that you couldn’t tell whether the person standing next to you was a cute boy or a really ugly girl.
After making a very quick round of the bottom floor, we shelled out five bucks to check out the upstairs. As we strolled up the stairs we could hear the music pumping. We emerged through the doorway to see a tightly packed dance floor with pulsating strobe lights overhead.

After a few songs had passed, constant grinding and make-out sessions on the dance floor forced us to make our way to the back bar for some much-needed drinks.

Throughout most of the night the only two bathroom stalls were occupied by those “praying to the porcelain gods.” This just proves that bartender Victor was doing his job and then some. Not to worry though, security guards, including one giant named Tuka, are there to regulate anyone who gets out of line. They were definitely forced to regulate while we were there.

Despite a number of unpleasantries, we still managed to have a fun-filled night. Third Edition is not an establishment to frequent on a regular basis, but definitely one to experience for the first time.