The Bar Guys: The Brickskeller Restaurant and Down Home Saloon

The Three Wise Men decided they wanted to travel the world on Saturday night. Since none of us could afford airfare to Munich, we headed off to the Brickskeller. With beers from more than 50 countries on the menu, drinking like world travelers was all the Wise Men could do.

A small group of friends joined Johnnie, Jack and Jos? at the Brickskeller. The restaurant offers a variety of American food, but we went straight to the Down Home Saloon. The brick walls and red-checkered tablecloths give the bar a warm feeling. The display cases on the walls are a testament to the wide variety of beer the Brickskeller has served during the past 43 years.

Jos? took a tour of Germany and Poland, drinking Maximater and Krakus, while Jack stayed with Western European beers. Johnnie sampled beers such as Hellas from Greece and Zambezi from Zimbabwe. With a jukebox playing and the conversation flowing, the Brickskeller made for a good time. The crowd was as diverse as the menu selection.

If the large beer selection is intimidating, don’t worry. The servers know the menu well and can help you find an agreeable beer. The Brickskeller is a great bar that comes highly recommended by the Three Wise Men. So as they toast in Kyrgyzstan, Den Sooluck Yuchun!