The Bar Boys: New blood, new bars

Over the past couple of years, the GW community has come to love the Bar Belle and value her advice on where to spend weekend nights. Since she has moved on to bigger and better things, it’s time for a new perspective. Say hello to The Bar Monkeys. (Names have been changed to protect them from unchecked fame.)

While some may think Ringo is not completely qualified to give advice because his drinking days have been few, he has come on strong. After many years of sobriety, Ringo has worked hard over the past two years to become the kind of barfly his mama would be proud of. While Ringo started out as many do, consuming whatever beer was available, his tastes have quickly improved. Hanging out with the other two monkeys has led to Ringo’s appreciation of quality liquor, especially scotch.

Gentleman, Manchu likes the wild life. After gracing his favorite saloons, Manchu has been carousing down 22nd Street on his way home, spitting out his beverage of choice like their favorite villain, Triple H. But don’t assume Manchu is only about mischievous rampage. His ideal night on the town is kicking back with a few close friends at one of D.C.’s more mellow establishments.

Coco began his drinking exploits early in his GW career. During his early days at GW, he learned of the 30-pack, the wine from a box and the plastic bottles of Jack Daniels. He knows the cheap from the days of the frat houses and dorm rooms, but with the acquisition of a well-paying job and access to the areas best bars, Coco has acquired a taste for the finer things in life: good bars and good beverages. It is his goal to discover the coolest watering holes in town and to share his findings with you.

In the coming months, you can count on the three monkeys to bring you their three unique perspectives on the D.C. nightlife. Bottoms up!