Safety tips for GW students and employees for IMF Protests
– Carry your GWorld card with you at all times.
– Avoid areas where protests may be in progress.
– Secure your residence hall room and all your valuables inside. Do not leave doors unlocked.
– Report suspicious packages to UPD.
– Be prepared to evacuate buildings at short notice. Travel light and take essentials, such as medicine, with you.
– Do not park your car in the area – parking will be limited and your vehicle may be inadvertently damaged.
Tips for protestors:
– Immediately leave area of protest if demonstration appears to be anything but peaceful.
– Do not wear contact lenses around the area of the protest – chemicals from tear gas will cause damage.
– Do not wear jewelry or clothing that may be snagged or caught in the event of unrest.
– Cooperate with police.
– Do not engage in blocking vehicular or pedestrian traffic.
– Carry identification and emergency information.
– Do not carry any weapons at all into the area of the protest (i.e. pepper spray, mace, etc.)
source: University Police