Candidate profile: Ian Zeitzer

Name: Ian Zeitzer
Hometown: Southampton, Pa.
Year: Junior
Major: Tourism and Hospitality Management
Credentials: member of the Colonial Cabinet, PB Films chair, Welcome Week coordinator, PB Concerts chair.

by Theresa CrapanzanoAsst. News Editor

When Ian Zeitzer, candidate for Program Board executive chair, heard his favorite band, God Street Wine, was performing at PB’s Fall Fest his freshman year, he said he jumped at the chance to help out with the concert.

Zeitzer said he and his freshman friends thought getting involved with PB would allow him to experience any band groupie’s dream – hanging with the musicians themselves.

Two-and-a-half years and many concerts later, Zeitzer is still hanging with famous musicians and other prominent figures in the entertainment business. He said the allure and excitement is still there but not just because he gets to chill with the band.

I never get tired of meeting the bands, but I also love looking out into the crowd and seeing all these students jumping around and getting excited about the concert, he said.

At the end of his year as Films chair, Zeitzer said the film series won PB Program of the Year. He said seeing the excitement of concert attendees and winning the award encourages him to push for more in PB.

We can make things happen on this campus, he said.

Reflecting on his experience with PB, Zeitzer said one of his goals is to increase membership in the organization, which is probably the most receptive group on campus.

(Students) don’t realize how easy it is to become involved, he said.

Zeitzer said he will try to ensure the organization manages the budget wisely, so students get the most for their money.

Every dollar needs to be accounted for, he said.

But while he is working on internal change within the organization, Zeitzer said he will continue to focus on preserving the aspect of PB which drew him in his freshman year- the fun.

I don’t mind being the guy behind the scenes doing the dirty work so that students can have fun on this campus, he said.