Students scream at sequel

GW students proved they like scary movies at the Student Activities Center-sponsored premiere of Scream 3 Friday night.

More than 360 GW students turned out for the private showing of the movie at the Union Station AMC Theater.

This was great, said junior Shreema Sanghvi, coordinator of the evening. GW as a whole just unified and came out to have a good time.

Sanghvi, special projects coordinator for SAC, made arrangements with AMC to rent an entire theater for the 7:30 p.m. opening of the movie.

Each time the Scream mask appeared on screen the largest theater at the Union Station AMC was filled with the shrieks and laughter from GW students. Many students said they enjoyed the show.

It was exciting as a trilogy, senior Frank Cerullo said. I hope they make another one.

After the movie, students were invited to gather at the Center Caf? in Union Station for an after-party. During hors d’oeuvres and drinks, partygoers took a stab at reviewing the flick. While some said Scream 3 lived up to its billing, others hoped for a different ending.

I screamed, but it wasn’t scary, Sanghvi said.

Senior Anisha Mehta said she expected a more exciting story, but other students said they left the movie satisfied.

The screening kicked off a weekend of activities dubbed The Event Formerly Known as Homecoming.

GW students, with a valid GWorld ID were able to pick up tickets before the event from SAC. Sanghvi said most of the tickets disappeared between 2 and 2:30 p.m. Thursday afternoon. SAC reserved 50 extra tickets for those on a waiting list.

Sanghvi said similar events might be planned for the future.

The response to this was so overwhelming, she said. I’m sure we’ll do it again. This is the biggest turnout we’ve seen in awhile for a campus event off campus.