Academic Update update

The Academic Update is back!

The Student Association has distributed course evaluation questionnaires to all undergraduate professors. These assessments will be handed out to students during class periods this week. These evaluations will allow students to rate their professors in such areas as class format, presentation, knowledge of subject, accessibility and teaching style.

When students register for classes for the fall, the feedback we receive from these questionnaires will be available on the SA Web site in an organized and easily comprehensible format. Students will be able to consult the tallied responses from students when choosing classes and professors.

In addition, the SA has also mailed a separate questionnaire to professors. When returned to us and posted to the Web site, these questionnaires will allow students to view the grading break-down of each class, the class format, typical class size, number of semesters the professor has taught the course and other pertinent information.

We are all eager to view the results of these surveys and make them available to all students; however, the only way this will be a success is if all students participate. Students must not callously fill these surveys out, but take the time to be honest – it means a great deal to the students who will be using the results of these evaluations in the future.

-Jordan Usdanassistant director for Academic Affairs of the SA