Sports Briefs

Water Polo drops three more The GW men’s water polo team lost three close matches this weekend at the ECAC tournament at Brown University. GW lost 9-6 to Saint Francis College and 12-9 to the U.S. Naval Academy Saturday. Bucknell University edged GW 12-10 Sunday.

Senior Rush Taylor led GW with eight goals over the weekend, and junior Josh Gimpleson scored seven goals.

-Zach LeibowitzTennis postponed

The women’s tennis event this weekend at Princeton University was postponed until next weekend.

Rogers plays versus 76ers

GW graduate Shawnta Rogers got into his third NBA exhibition game Friday, playing two minutes in the New Jersey Nets’ loss to the Philadelphia 76ers in St. Louis. He went 0-for-1 with one rebound and an assist.

GW introduces new web site

The GW Athletic Department introduced its new official Web site last week. Previously, the GW site was on a gwu.edu domain and run by members of the Sports Information Department. The new site’s address is <a href:http:// www.gwsports.com>www.gwsports.com>www.gwsports.com and will be maintained by Total Sports of Raleigh, N.C. This commercial arrangement will last at least two years.

The site will feature TotalCast, which means selected men’s and women’s basketball and GW baseball games will be broadcast on the Internet.

The new site will give us a truly professional and up-to-the-minute presence on the Internet for all Colonials students, fans and alumni to access and enjoy, Sports Information Director Brad Bower said in a University press release. There is no better way to follow GW athletics than to visit this site, other than being there in person.

-David Holt