Career center partners with Jobtrak.com

GW’s Interviewtrak system is now fully operational, according to Career Center officials. Seniors and recent graduates can now post their resum?s on the Internet, find out which recruiters are coming to campus and schedule job interviews from their home computers.

“Interviewtrak makes campus recruiting easier for employers,” said Jennifer Seile, the Career Center’s communication director. “Corporations can view resum?s and select (qualified) students without using mail or e-mail,” she said.

Seile said students that are eligible only for on-campus recruiting can use the Interviewtrak system. After attending a recruiting information session held by the Career Center, the students may enter their profile into the Interviewtrak database. The system allows students to upload 10 different versions of their resum? from a word-processing program and send it to different corporations.

“Interviewtrak is the most powerful, Web-based, on-campus recruiting and student registration system available on the market,” according to a Jobtrak.com press release

Seile said GW was one of the first universities to partner with Jobtrak.com to give students 24-hour access to nationwide job listings and allow them to easily transmit resum?s. Interviewtrak now makes the process of scheduling and coordinating on-campus interviews easier and more efficient, Seile said.

“We are happy to have been among the first universities in the Washington, D.C. area to offer Interviewtrak’s cutting-edge technology to our students and employers,” said Lorraine Bortz, executive director of the Career Center. “After looking into other systems of this nature, we found the service given by Jobtrak.com and the technology used in the Interviewtrak program to be the best option available to college career centers in serving the needs of students and employers.”