News Briefs

ResNet plans round-table discussion

Residential Networking will sponsor a round-table discussion to talk about on-campus computers Oct. 13 at 9 p.m. in the Marvin Center, room 405.

Christina Huszcza, associate director of Operations and Client Services for ResNet, heads the project. She said ResNet already has an immense amount of student input from its student-filled staff, but the organization would like more feedback. She said it hopes to hold discussions with students every couple of months.

The round-table discussions will provide a forum in which students can take an active part planning the future of ResNet, Huszcza said.

Huszcza said even though ResNet is proud of its work so far this year, ResNet still wants to know what the students would be interested in.

“We want to know what they need to know about technology,” she said.

-Phil Amylon

Students get coffee and treats at Gelman

Students studying for exams sipped late-night coffee and munched on treats at Caf? Gelman Thursday night.

The event, co-sponsored by the Program Board and Gelman Library, gave students coffee, food and music from the Pitches and the Troubadours, drawing more than 400 people to the 24-hour student lounge, said Stefanie Weinstein, Gelman Library student liaison.

Freshman Jennifer Rosen said she was studying for a French exam at the library and said she enjoyed being able to eat delicious food and drink coffee while studying.

“The music was really great,” Rosen said. “The whole thing was a great idea and should be held more often then once a semester.”

-Stacey Mittin