Letters to the Editor

Thanks to all

I would like to take this opportunity to thank every single person who took the time to write in Phil Meisner for Student Association president and myself for SA executive vice president in the first round of elections. The results of the elections illustrate that every vote makes a difference and your votes made a difference for us.

We were removed from the ballot due to a medical emergency. However, our removal from the ballot allowed us to run an amazingly successful write-in campaign. A write-in campaign that showed us the depth of our supporters’ belief. For that we are forever grateful. We recognize that the Joint Elections Committee has made mistakes, but we look upon their mistakes with nothing but understanding.

I am truly proud to say that I had the honor of working with all of our campaign supporters and Senate candidates. I have never been more proud to call a group of people my friends. I have learned from each of them and am a better person for having known them. I am confident that our goals and objectives for the Student Association will become a reality next year.

Thank you for writing us in and believing in us. You helped to send a message to the Student Association, the administration and to the entire campus community. You helped us fight the power and we thank you.

-Cat Sadler
senior