Dubovcova lights up the Tribe

GW women’s basketball forward Petra Dubovcova had the best game of her collegiate career Thursday night at the Smith Center, leading the Colonial women to a 69-48 victory over the College of William & Mary.

Dubovcova led all scorers with 25 points and pulled down 11 rebounds. Her double-double performance pounded away the efforts of a hustling and energetic William & Mary team.

“I knew it was going to be a good game for me,” Dubovcova said. “I can tell five minutes before the game in warmups how I am going to play.”

Dubovcova had a strong night shooting, going 11 for 16 from the floor, including her first three-pointer of the season. Dubovcova followed that shot by pumping her fist and hopping in the air, but said she was most proud that she drew four offensive charges in the game.

“I am so excited for Petra,” GW head coach Joe McKeown said. “She is a long way off conditioning-wise, and she is only a sophomore, but she is very smart.”

Dubovcova is coming off a torn anterior cruciate ligament that caused her to miss much of her freshman season and has found the recovery to be slow in her sophomore season

“I am not 100 percent,” Dubovcova said. “But I need to play because my team needs me.”