Sports briefs

Basketball games to be broadcast on WRGW

For the first time ever, WRGW 540 AM campus radio will broadcast GW men’s and women’s basketball games live on the air.

Coverage will include every game, home and away, with the exception of the games over winter vacation, when the residence halls will be closed. If the men’s and women’s teams play on the same day, the men’s game will air live and the women’s game will air on tape delay.

The station can be heard on 540 AM and GW cable channel 22.

-Matt Osborne

GW tennis competes at ITAs

Members of the GW men’s and women’s tennis teams competed in the Intercollegiate Tennis Association Region 1 Championships Nov. 6.

Ghada Skaff lost to Somer Khanlarian, the number one player of Yale University, 6-3, 2-6, 7-6 at the University of Pennsylvania. Sarine Weingarten and Holly Huntley lost to the number one doubles team from Old Dominion University, 8-5.

For the men’s team, Anders Bergkvist retired from his match against a player from ODU at Princeton University.

-Dustin Gouker

Soccer players named A-10 All-Conference

Three members of the GW men’s and women’s soccer teams were named to the Atlantic 10’s All-Conference teams.

Senior forward Jane Lea was named to the conference’s first team and to the A-10 All-Championship team. Lea led GW with eight goals and six assists for a total of 22 points this season. Katy McQuillin, a defender for GW who tallied four goals and four assists this season, was named to the second team.

Senior Ben Hatton was named to the A-10 All-Conference second team for the Colonials. He led GW this season with six goals and 14 points.

-Dustin Gouker