GW to centralize wireless networks this summer
By Hannah Marr, Assistant News Editor • April 25, 2024
GW to renovate Pelham Commons this summer
By Barry Yao, Staff Writer • April 25, 2024

J Street has a plethora of choices to offer

This summer the University worked hard to bring new stations and an overall better dining experience to GW. It is my belief that this hard work has paid off as the GW community has responded positively to our new salad bar, wrap station, breakfast bar and Burger King.

In the last couple of weeks, many of you have had the opportunity to explore and evaluate these new stations. We thank you for your compliments and welcome your criticism. It is our goal to ensure that your dining experience is as enjoyable as possible. To achieve this, we ask that you continue to fill out comment cards to express your opinions, comments, questions and concerns about J Street and the Thurston dining hall. Without these comments, none of the changes that were made this summer would have been possible.

In response to your concerns, we have already started making changes. At Burger King, we now offer chicken sandwiches and chicken tenders. We also have added new desserts and will be expanding the entire menu as the semester progresses. To accomplish this, however, we need your input about what you would like to see be added to the menu.

At J Street’s Dawn’s Best (the breakfast bar), customization is the rule. We offer a plethora of ingredients to make an omelet any way you wish. We also serve eggs any way you like. For those people of you like myself, who are concerned with cholesterol, we offer Eggbeaters. For those people who like milk with their breakfast, or with any meal, you may have two cartons of milk as part of your meal. Finally, for those people who like something sweet with their morning cup of coffee, Dawn’s Best offers a wide selection of fresh pastries.

There has been concern about the nutritional value of the food served at J Street. As someone who is health-conscience, I have ensured that nearly every station has nutritional information available to allow patrons to make wise and informed decisions about what they consume. At every station, we take numerous steps to ensure the food served to you is as healthy as possible. Finally, we offer a salad bar, vegetarian station, wrap station and deli that are devoted to serving healthy and nutritious food.

These are just some of the many changes you can look forward to throughout the year as we endeavor to offer you the best dining service feasible. With your help, we can make this possible.

We are currently looking for students to join the commission for the 1998-’99 academic year. If you want to help shape the future of J Street, Thurston dining hall and dining services, please pick up an application in the Student Association office located on the fourth floor of the Marvin Center (room 424) or at the comment kiosks located in J Street and Thurston dining hall.

As your Dining Services Commission chair, I wish you a stellar school year and hope you continue to enjoy your dining experience.

-The writer is chair of the SA’s Dining Services Commission.