GW Sports: By the numbers in 1997-’98

5,000: Number of miles the men’s basketball team traveled to play in the Maui Invitational.

123: Number of consecutive games played by Alexander Koul in his career.

103: Number of points Chemar Smith scored in her career at GW, and also a school record.

45: Number of goals Chemar Smith scored in her career at GW, and also a school record.

37: The most points scored by a GW player in a game this season. Elisa Aguilar scored a career-high 37 points at Duquesne Jan. 12.

31: Number of points scored by senior Omar Sigtryggsson for the men’s soccer team in 1997, the team’s leading scorer.

24: Number of assists recorded by senior Ben Ferry for the men’s soccer team, which tied him for the lead in the nation at one point in the season.

23: The GW men’s water polo team won 23 games in one of the best seasons in the program’s history.

16: Sixteen of the 28 basketball players at GW hail from foreign countries.

14: Number of home runs Joe Beichert has hit for the baseball team so far this season.

13: Number of school records set by the men’s and women’s swimming and diving teams at the A-10 Championships.

7: Number of years Shannon Higgins-Cirovski coached the women’s soccer team, before leaving to coach the women’s under-18 national team.

6: The gymnastics team finished second in the A-10 Championships six consecutive times before winning the title this season.

5: Number of consecutive seasons the women’s soccer team has lost to UMass in the A-10 finals, including a 1-0 loss this season.

4: Number of seniors that are graduating from the men’s basketball team.

3: Number of points scored by Alexander Koul in his final game at GW.

2: The position in which four teams finished in their respective Atlantic 10 Championships.

1: The number of pieces of hate mail received by The Hatchet’s sports department this year; also the number of sets of clubs stolen from the GW golf team this year.

0: The number of times GW fans filled the Smith Center to see a women’s basketball game this season.